Re: [opensuse-factory] Czech Packagers Meeting minutes 2009-04-07
On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 09:32:14PM +0200, Marcus Meissner wrote:
(2) Dropped packages:
=====================

puzel told us about packages dropped from Factory. One really
interesting group of packages dropped was xsane and sane frontends. We
all agreed that these packages are really useful and should maintained
somewhere. So puzel proposed that he would maintain it in Contrib and if
he'll encounter any problems he wouldn't have time to solve, we will
help him.

You could also take over maintainer ship in Factory of those.
Johannes just has no time for them.

Well, xsane is in Packman, so IMHO we don't need to bother about it.

According to sane-frontends: yes, I could take maintainership in
Factory, but as Daniel noted, having more packages in Contrib could
attract more people to contributing. And there were many other
packages moving from Factory to Contrib just because of this reason.

--
Best regards / s pozdravem

Petr Uzel, Packages maintainer