[opensuse-factory] YaST2
  • From: "Robert Lewis" <bob.l.lewis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 22:04:19 -0800
I want to thank the SUSE folks for all their hard work in producing
again another release.
I am very well aware that this is an exhausting and enormous effort.
I especially
appreciate the added efforts that go into improving many of the packages that
others contribute and therefor improving Linux for tthe community at large.

One such example is the audio and other improvements with Impress from
OpenOffice. Ubuntu falls far behind in this area.

One question is, when I want to see all possible updates available.
I notice that I can go to YaST -> Software management.
Then click on Package -> All Packages (or "all in this list") seems to do
that. But, I don't think I ever get the chance to review what is going to be
updated. (I may be wrong by not proceeding far enough.) It seems a bit
scary to do this so I aborted.