Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: openSUSE and Ubuntu's BulletBroof X
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 21:55:15 +0200 (CEST)

The Tuesday 2008-09-23 at 13:45 -0600, Warren Stockton wrote:

On Tuesday 23 September 2008 10:17:28 Susanne Oberhauser wrote:
What harm would they do to more adept users?

I don't understand the objections.

Every time SaX2 is run, it trashes my Wacom configuration. (I have to edit
xorg.conf to replace the pen entry with an entry for each pen, specifying
their serial numbers, since SaX2 only configures a single "generic" pen that
cannot distinguish one pen from another.)

I guess somebody will ask about the Buzilla number where you reported this ;-)

Automatic repair needs to repair my existing xorg.conf, not provide a new
xorg.conf that drops relevant details. If this is not possible, the "cure"
will be more inconvenient than the fault it attempted to fix.

Yep.

Well, it's clear that some will benefit from automatics (which is A Good Thing), and some will not. We need ways to easily dissable the automatics before they run. Like configuration options, or being asked before.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.