Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE and Ubuntu's BulletBroof X
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 23:02:00 -0500
On Sunday 21 September 2008 09:36:21 pm Stefan Dirsch wrote:
On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 08:06:02PM -0500, Rajko M. wrote:
On Sunday 21 September 2008 12:52:38 pm Stefan Dirsch wrote:
Why not boot into failsafe mode after having seen this confusing error
message "Login:" in the Linux console?

Which will give you the same login.

Which is wrong. It gives you a GUI. You didn't try it.

I should try Failsafe first, just because you said so, not after I answered,
so my apology.

It seems that I wasn't alone that had no clue what means x11failsafe.
I can't say I haven't seen it as I had to fix menu.lst right after the
instalation, but I was busy making sure that I can boot without annoyance of
double grub boot screens (one after another), so I ignored it and finally
forgot. It is obvious that I don't use Failsafe very often.

I checked Release Notes and there is no word about it, and sincerely it is
great improvement for so many users that should be mentioned.

--
Regards, Rajko