[opensuse-factory] Czech Packagers Team meeting minutes 2008-06-12
  • From: Anicka Bernathova <anicka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 17:22:59 +0200
Czech Packagers Team meeting minutes 2008-06-12

Present: anicka, anosek, lmichnovic, mmarek, nadvornik, pgajdos, prusnak,
puzel, sbrabec

Minutes: anicka

Topics:

(1) New OBS version
(2) Mailing list about RPM problems in real life

(1) New OBS version
===================

We are going to thoroughly test new features of openSUSE Build Service,
especially new means for collaboration. We have discussed a future possibility
of decreasing the number of maintainers in various projects. A lower number of
trustworthy maintainers reviewing all new commits should increase the security
of
using packages from these repositories.

(2) Mailing list about RPM problems in real life
welcome. For start, sbrabec has written a document about the most apparent
packaging problems: http://wiki.rpm.org/Problems.

Status reports:

anicka
- openssh: work on #398250
- installation and testing of RC3
- check some more Gerrit Beine's perl modules
- investigating perl XML parsers
- familiarize myself with new BS version

lmichnovic
Installed openSUSE 11 RC4, reported few bugs.
Doing some translations of openSUSE to Slovak.
Updated hdparm to version 8.8 in my Build Service home repo.
Updated opera to version 9.50 in my Build Service home repo.

mmarek
- improving spec file wizard (special templates for perl and python
modules)
- module-init-tools bug 399274: another report that unsupported modules
are blacklisted on openSUSE, could find the reason either

prusnak
- open-vm-tools: fixed bnc#397972, bnc#397554
- 2h4u: created in OBS
- ITO: scout
* option parsing
* module for binaries
* database benchmarking
* module for java classes
* created packages in OBS

puzel
- gpg: fixed [bnc#305725]
- dirmngr: work on [bnc#244548] - not able to reproduce yet
- pinentry: test if some patches can be removed after [bnc#305725] is fixed
- kgpg: work on [bnc#147400]

sbrabec
nspluginwrapper: Fixed bnc#384367.
Google SoC: Discussion on modular implementation.
Working on http://wiki.rpm.org/Problems
Branding: gnome-menus: Working on branding-ability. Created tool to extract
brand comments. Created OBS project branding:artwork:example and first packages
there.
gimp branding: Fixing bnc#372091.