Re: [opensuse-factory] Just one question about plane to release openSUSE 11.0 with KDE 4.1
  • From: Peter Czanik <pczanik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 16:45:35 +0100
Hello,

peter nikolic írta:
I have only one interest in KDE4 on suse 11.0
will it be possible to install 11.0 with KDE 3.X.X only and NO KDE 4.X
untill 4.X has the ability to be as good and flexible and NON Gnome-esk as
KDE 3.X.X ..

Hehe, I was just about to write the same e-mail the other way around :-)
I read about the plan to provide a mixed system, and would like to know,
if it will be possible to install a purely KDE4 / QT4 system, without
any KDE3 and QT3 libraries. The reason is quite simple: the KDE4/QT4
combo seems to be a lot more friendly on resources on a low end, low RAM
machine. The new version runs just better with no or less swapping,
where a KDE3/QT3 system definitely needs swapping. But this advantage is
gone as soon as a KDE3 / QT3 app is loaded...
Bye,
CzP