Re: [opensuse-factory] Just one question about plane to release openSUSE 11.0 with KDE 4.1
  • From: Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 11:18:15 +0100
On Friday 07 March 2008, Rastislav Krupanský said:
So that, while KDE 4.1 will still be under development and not even really
have all the features, wouldn´t it be better to stay with 3.5.x as default
KDE? Why is KDE 4.0.x replaced KDE 3.5.x as default KDE?

It's not just a 1:1 replacement. The default KDE will be KDE 4.0.x PLUS the
KDE 3.5.9 applications that are not yet ready in KDE 4.

For the cases where there is a KDE 4 application that is not yet up to the
standard of its KDE 3 predecessor ( Plasma<->(Kicker,KDesktop) ) we (the KDE
team) are working together with upstream to get the missing features in KDE
trunk and backported to the branches we will use in 11.0. A disaster in the
name of progress like ZMD is not on the cards.

Will

--
Desktop Engineer
KDE Team