Re: [opensuse-factory] a checkin timeout before an Alpha release?
  • From: JP Rosevear <jpr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:09:40 -0500

On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 14:31 +0100, Dirk Mueller wrote:
On Tuesday 15 January 2008, JP Rosevear wrote:

There is a short period. Friday is the deadline, the alpha is released
thursday the week after. More of a freeze is unacceptable during alpha
phase.
Except that we've had limited testing of factory because of the disk
outage.

Factory was synced out before that.

Except its not accessible for update on the opensuse servers, the raid
server died in the middle of my update yesterday.

It would be nice to have that back for a day or two before we
burn the iso.

failed_packages gnome-maintainers | wc -l
43

Thats all packages on all distros, there are many less on factory (17 I
think, and not all are distributable either).

I don't think that factory testing is the issue.

I don't follow your point, even with packages failing factory helps you
test and determine ahead of time how good an alpha would be.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr@xxxxxxxxxx>
Novell, Inc.