[opensuse-factory] Re: bug 234533 should be solved?
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 20:05:10 +0100
jdd wrote:
I'm hit by the bug #234533. It's resolved "wont fix" "because it's a feature, not a bug"

but

1) it's a bug only on pci-e (here mini pci, laptop), why this special hardware hve such a feature?
2) the comment on bugzilla say: the patch will be enclosed with 2.6.20 kernel. I have 2.6.22.9.0-4-default and I have still the bug
3) a web search shows that ndiswraper don't works reliably with the bcm43xx module

what can I do? do i need to reopen the bug or to try using ndiswraper anyway?

thanks
jdd
solved thanks to an ubuntu forum :-).

I had to extract the firmware and give it to the module. I still have to figure how to make this permanent, but i wont too much be a problem. I will test and report to the wiki (may be just adding indexes, I didn't find it there but it may be :-)

I wil also report to bugzilla

thanks

--
http://www.dodin.net