Re: [opensuse-factory] Printing in openSUSE 10.3
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 22:13:00 +0100 (CET)

The Thursday 2007-03-08 at 10:57 +0100, Johannes Meixner wrote:

> The "optionally" is the crucial word here!
> The system admin (i.e. the person who set up the system)
> can of course delegate his permissions and set up appropriate
> stuff in cupsd.conf so that whatever users on whatever hosts
> are allowed to do whatever the system admin likes,
> see my mail dated 6 Mar 2007.

As a user, I like it the way it is now, with cups; when I want to add or
modify a printer, I use the cups web interface. A user can add a printer,
if I remember correctly, depending on cups config. The only thing I miss
is a Yast module to configure cups for those permission schemes.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.