Re: [opensuse-factory] tiny-nvidia-installer removed from factory
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 14:29:53 +0100 (CET)

The Saturday 2006-11-04 at 10:36 -0800, Greg KH wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 03:17:15PM +0100, Carlos E. R. wrote:

> > I have friends that want to try linux, and they do, sometimes. They want
> > everything to work by click click. If something needs to be installed,
> > it's got to be with the mouse, windows install style. They don't care
> > about licenses. I have tried to explain why, for instance, multimedia does
> > not work: useless. Blah, blah, blah. They just want it to work, no matter
> > how.
>
> "no matter how" isn't good enough, sorry. I'm not going to compromise
> my legal rights, and my morals for such an argument.
>
> And I would certianly hope that no one else would either.
>
> That's just sad.
>
> And a company can not just ignore the legal aspects of the world either,
> no matter how "inconvient" it might be, that's insane.

You don't have to convince me. In fact, I try to convince them, but I
can't. That's the way it is, sad or not. You have to be aware that there
are many people like that.

You could start by putting the licenses in our languages - they would not
read it anyway, but they would have less excuses.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.