Re: [opensuse-factory] speed impression on firefox 2
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 08:14:14 +0100
Bernhard

>>> Reply on 03-11-2006 9:11:02 <<<> Hello,
>
> * Dominique Leuenberger <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> [2006-11-02 08:23]:
> > no, unfortunately I already had IPV6 disabled in Yast and I even
> > disabled that one witing about:config (the option
> > network.dns.disableIPv6 = true)
> >
> > But still, my FF2 seems to sleep in front of me whenever I request
> > webage. Seems it's time for me to start a WireShark on this. Let's
> hope
> > I find something like this.
>
> What's your proxy setting? Disabled or Automatically? Try to disable
> it.

That was the one I did not think of (I think up to now it was always
'disable' by default.
Strangely, I am NOT able to change it using the GUI (by going to edit
preferences connection, I just get an error.

I changed it in about:config (network.proxy.type = 0. There must also
be the problem: It was set to 5 (accepted as default), which does not
even represent a valid value. proxy.type should take a value from 0 to 4
(the error in GUI also shows something about a value of 5).

Anyhow, I changed it to 0 and FF is lightning fast now. (hmm. that
would better fit on thunderbird :-) )

Regards and thanks for your tips!

Dominique