[opensuse-factory] Beta1 - Possible issues
  • From: Jim Pye <jim.pye@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 22:22:12 +1300
Just installed Beta 1 and have noticed a couple of possible issues. Will
post bugs if these are in fact issues and not just my installation:

1. YaST Software Management.
The search does not seem to be working correctly. I have in previous
version been able to enter, for example, evolution to find the email
system. In Beta 2 I only get a couple of entries for SDL graphics
packages. The search for Inkscape returns No Results.

2. Shutdown not working as expected.
I choose the Shutdown Computer option from with the Start Menu (KDE) and
the machine asks for a confirmation (which is doing a countdown) If I
click the confirm button the machine will only shutdown to the kdm login
screen. I have to select the Shutdown from this screen to get the
machine to actually close down and power off.

Thats all I see for the moment...

Jim

PS Have not been able to install Inkscape (due to issue 1) to see if te
icon issue has been resolved...

Jim Pye
PyeNet Universal

email: jim.pye@xxxxxxxxxxxx | Phone: +64 4 527 8284 | Fax: +64 4 528 9693