Re: [opensuse-factory] YAST new icons
  • From: Andreas Hanke <andreas.hanke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 14:38:33 +0200
Marcel Hilzinger schrieb:
> Each step Novell makes in the direction of Gnomifying the Suse desktop is (at
> least by the Suse-KDE-community) considered as going on killing KDE.

Ah, I see. Developing new applications for KDE, submitting it to KDE SVN
and contributing to KDE upstream development in general is a measure of
killing KDE. Makes sense.

> Many of us know, that Novell will drop KDE as soon as it can without loosing
> face.

I wonder where you know that from.

> It's just a matter of time. And signs like this decision make even more
> people belive, that the time is near... So if you want them, not to belive,
> that Novell will drop KDE, please do not make such bull****-decisions in the
> future.

If you really take something about "signs", then try to control your
phantasy and read the [opensuse-commit] mailing list.

During the last days, a new setuid binary has been added to the
distribution. I know it because I'm reading the [opensuse-commit]
mailing list. Do you know what that means? And do you know why it has
been done even though it is per se a really bad thing?

Simple answer: In order to give you a KDE updater applet. But you don't
seem to be interested in it at all, you're just spreading rumours.

> So please tell us, when step 3 will be done so we have time to switch to
> Kubuntu and help them to become #1 for KDE (a goal defined by Canonical, not
> by me) as well.

Try to learn the difference between a distributor and an innovator.

Canonical, the "#1 for KDE", did not feel the need to create an
acceptable KDE frontend for the NetworkManager daemon. Novell did, and
Novell paid the bill because it has been created by a paid employee.

Canonical compiles and distributes it. But no, you prefer spreading
questionable rumours instead of looking at the actual work being done.
Because of an icon theme. It's _so_ unfair!

But if you really think that it's a good idea, support a pure
distributor, you will probably not even notice where the innovations
actually come from...