Re: [opensuse-factory] YAST new icons
  • From: Marcel Hilzinger <mhilzinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 14:09:36 +0200
Am Sonntag, 15. Oktober 2006 23:50 schrieb andreas.hanke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
> Hi,
>
> > Say it isn't true.... openSUSE becomes Gnome minded (at Novell-request I
> > am
> > 90% sure) as we all can see using KDE.
>
> Do you really think so?
>
> Are you using the current Alphas? Did you compare both environments there?
Yes, I did. And I really do not care about those ugly tango icons (yes, they
are ugly within Qt-YaST).

But...

Each step Novell makes in the direction of Gnomifying the Suse desktop is (at
least by the Suse-KDE-community) considered as going on killing KDE. Work at
Novell for KDE is (by the community) not seen as an extra work but a must for
Novell to keep it's face. So Novell is not doing a "good job" developing KDE
apps, but it's doing "its job".

Many of us know, that Novell will drop KDE as soon as it can without loosing
face. It's just a matter of time. And signs like this decision make even more
people belive, that the time is near... So if you want them, not to belive,
that Novell will drop KDE, please do not make such bull****-decisions in the
future.

OK. Novell decides to change the YaST icon theme to tango icons to avoid
duplicated work. But why doesn't Novell change then the whole KDE icon theme
to tango? If I had no money to give to designers, I would concentrate on one
icon theme at all, and not only for YaST...

So please tell us, when step 2 will be done. And if Novell still wants to keep
a designer for KDE artwork, why can't he do some icons for YaST.

If Novell has no designer:
why didn't Novell ask the community for help creating some KDE-style icons for
YaST???

Step 3: If I had no money to give to developers, I would concentrate on one
desktop and not create different GUIs for the same application.

So please tell us, when step 3 will be done so we have time to switch to
Kubuntu and help them to become #1 for KDE (a goal defined by Canonical, not
by me) as well.

Thanks for your wise decisions to be carefull with Novells budget,
Marcel Hilzinger

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Marcel Hilzinger