Re: [opensuse-factory] Factory source for Internet installation
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 07:50:15 -0400
On 06/10/16 23:05 (GMT-0700) Randall R Schulz apparently typed:

> On Monday 16 October 2006 22:11, Rajko M wrote:

>> Is this what you meant:
>> http://en.opensuse.org/Installation_without_CD

>> title
>> #Installing_from_data_saved_on_your_local_machine

> That and #Grub, I guess.

> But I think I'm still missing something, because I understand "Network
> Install" to mean that I don't need to first download anything (not any
> packages, anyway), but rather that the installer will access the
> network directly to retrieve packages.

The page could have been organized more clearly, but it's there. All you
need to fetch before starting an installation is initrd and linux.
--
"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him,
and I am helped." Psalm 28:7 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409