SPAM: Re: [opensuse-factory] SPAM: 10.2 Gnome start menu - where is the search?
  • From: Dan Winship <danw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 19:45:42 -0400
Peter Flodin wrote:
> 10.2 Alpha 5 is the first time I have used the new start menu in
> Gnome. After using Vista for work everyday I really miss the menu
> search function. But then from seeing screenshots of SLED I realised
> that it has the search box.
>
> Is the missing search box a bug in openSUSE?

Yes, should be fixed in Beta1 (along with a lot of the other GNOME bugs
that have been lingering unfixed in 10.2 up until now).

> Some other things:
> 1. I would really like to be able to resize it and thereby change the
> number of items that are displayed.

Just drag more apps onto the Computer menu from the application browser.
(The Recent Apps and Recent Documents pages resize to have the same
number of tiles as the Favorite Apps page). Or if you want to make it
smaller, right click on one of the favorites you don't want, and "Remove
>From Favorites".

> 2. I would like a 'Most Used Applications', in addition to Most Recent
> Apps and Favourite Apps

The idea is that you should put your most-used apps into Favorites.

-- Dan