Re: [opensuse-factory] mirrors.kernel.org sync delay
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 12:29:23 -0400
On 06/10/13 18:08 (GMT+0200) Andreas Jaeger apparently typed:

> Eberhard (gwdg ftp admin) does a really good job to keep updated,

I know he does, and believe he's one of few who do. As a result, my recent
experience with gwdg is that it is unbearably slow, which is why I've been
using mirrors.kernel.org, which has been consistently fast. Now that I'm
aware of its sync problem, I don't know where to turn for a reliable US
source. All I've used are either slow, or have low connection limits, or
don't keep reasonably sync'd. cise.ufl.edu is the closest and fastest, but
they don't mirror factory, and often impose connection limit problems.
--
"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him,
and I am helped." Psalm 28:7 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409