Re: [opensuse-factory] Where Is The Factory Boot CD Image?
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 11:01:44 -0700
Eberhard,

On Thursday 12 October 2006 07:19, Eberhard Moenkeberg wrote:

> > Can someone point me to the boot CD image?
>
> http://ftp-1.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/inst-so
>urce/boot/boot.iso
>
> 24 hours young.

Thanks.

Now, a follow-up question:

I downloaded, burned and booted that disc. I pointed it (via F4 -> FTP)
at the FTP mirror at mirrors.kernel.org.

As I noted on the openSUSE Wiki page
<http://en.opensuse.org/HCL/Desktops/Asus>, to use the Marvell 88E8001
Ethernet interface, you have to override the default (and blacklisted)
sklin98 module with skge.

So my question is: How do I perform the equivalent assignment or loading
of skge so the network hardware can be accessed? Is there a kernel
command-line option?

> Cheers -e

> Eberhard Moenkeberg (emoenke@xxxxxxx, em@xxxxxxx)

Thanks again.