Re: [opensuse-factory] alpha5 - YasT2 icons
  • From: Andreas Hanke <andreas.hanke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 18:10:35 +0200
Hi,

Silviu Marin-Caea schrieb:
> BTW, is this a bug or feature?

It's a feature - feature number 301304.

> Shouldn't YaST have KDE icons in KDE?

Maybe, maybe not... Define "KDE icons".

Different YaST2 themes can be installed. People can create a package
with a different icon set - The yast2-theme-openSUSE package does not
even own the /usr/share/YaST2/theme/current symlink.

=> No conflicts with multiple theme packages are to be expected. Maybe
you can even just install the old yast2-theme-SuSELinux package and
adjust the /usr/share/YaST2/theme/current symlink.

> Or is this a "judicious resource
> utilization feature" (aka Gnome is king and owns everything, KDE
> is "supported" with crumbs from the king's table).

I fail to see in which way this should be related to KDE <-> GNOME battles.

> I'm mean, yes very mean :-[

I didn't like the new icons and started to like them after 5 Minutes. I
think that this is more a problem of being used to the previous
CrystalSVG-like theme for so many years.

The new yast2-theme-openSUSE looks like it might fit quite well the
Oxygen Theme: http://www.oxygen-icons.org/ => Not a KDE <-> GNOME issue
in my eyes.