Re: [opensuse-factory] DVD iso?
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 08:30:26 +0200
"Terje J. Hanssen" <nteknikk@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> Searching for the Alpa5 I thought:
> Is it be much extra effort to make available (and also get tested!) the
> DVD iso at the same time as the CD isos? DVDRW burners have been usual
> several years and simplify the inflation of amounts of disks and the
> installation work itself. Just my suggestion.

Terje, as Eberhard said: Our mirrors cannot server both. It's also
double the bandwith to sync out from us to them in a short time.

Therefore we only make one set available - and CDs are easier to sync
since DVDs are larger than 2 GB which will cause problems for some
mirrors. Just with Alpha5 the CDs did not install at all, so we have
this time DVDs only instead,

Andreas
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany