Re: [opensuse-factory] Bug 177758
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 13:57:54 +0200
Frank-Michael Fischer wrote:

The reason why I am assuming it's libzypp's fault is: when I filed the
bug it was for the Zen component, then Nat Budin changed the component
to libzypp and connected this bug with bug 176301. This bug I am not
supposed to view. So it's fair to guess there is something rotten in
the state of libzypp. And we should not participate, just sit and wait.

there is a real bug, it is the visible/invisible state of a bug in bugzilla. We already discuss this here, no real solution I fear :-(

After playing around with this problem a bit it seems likely that
running "rug sl" just once is the workaround for this bug.

yes and no.

during my tests I've seen zen sessions shadowwed several times. may be there is a problem is this corner, when creating the first run config.

is not, if this is necessary, it should run with a better nice to not stop the computer running...

Most applications are longer to run at first launch (look at Gimp), but none should freeze your computer

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://lucien.dodin.net