Re: [opensuse-factory] Bug 177758
  • From: Frank-Michael Fischer <fmfischer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 10:17:52 +0200
houghi wrote:
> On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 10:03:16AM +0200, Frank-Michael Fischer wrote:
>
>> Ofcourse, that's what I am doing. But I could also build linux from
>> scratch then. The moment, Novell decides to drop "zmd rug zen-updater"
>> from the default installation I can recommend this distro again. Why?
>>

> Don't hold your breath for that. What I expect is that in 10.2 these
> issues will be solved one way or another.
> Yes, it should not have gotten into 10.1, but into 10.2. It has not and it
> has been explained why as well. So can we go on with it and stop moaning
> how much everybody hates it?

Problem is: during beta test I have been busy reporting and detailling
other bugs so I did not participate in the zen buddism here. And I'd
agree with you that it will be solved etc. I just did not know (did
you?) that it takes up to half an hour to get a 2.xGHz machine booted
into a proper functioning state. For me this order of magnitude of slow
down is unexpected, I am not even sure it was there with beta versions.

FMF