Q: 10.0: DVD writer appears twice in YasT
  • From: "Ulrich Windl" <ulrich.windl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 08:13:40 +0200
Hi,

a question on 10.0 (maybe someone knows the answer):

Yesterday K3B refused to display any CD-writer, although my DVD writer is there as
/dev/hdc. So I started "yast cdrom". It displayed /dev/hdc twice, but none of
those was activated. I was able to activate one of those, but I was unable to
remove the second entry. (After login/logout, K3B found a device)

Now, how can I get rid of the extrac /dev/hdc, and why did it appear at all?

I remember that I upgraded drive firmware some time ago, but the OS should be
smart enough to identify it's one and the same drive at /dev/hdc.

Ideas?

Regards,
Ulrich

  • No further messages