Re: [opensuse-factory] Adding *.sel to an installation source
On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 10:49:52AM +0200, houghi wrote:
> My question now to SUSE: is there a number that is reserved for "=Ord: ",
> like "=Ord: 99" for endusers where we know that it won't be used by SUSE
> itself.
>
> If not, would it be possible to make such a reservation? That way people
> can add their own *.sel and do not have to worry wether or not it will
> clash with current existing =Ord:. My preference would be to have 99, as
> that will be the last one.

To clarify. Could perhaps best be a range. e.g. 900-999 That way it can be
documented inside and outside SUSE, so that SUSE staff not by accident
uses a order that is already used by a custome/user.
and the customer/user knows it will not be clashing with something on a
SUSE sytem.

A range would be nice so that the customer can make several *.sels if he
likes.

Another question. Is there any real documentation on this outside of
SUSE/Novell? All I found was
http://www.novell.com/documentation/nld/index.html?page=/documentation/nld/nld_deployment/data/bt14tcg.html#bt3ujey
or http://tinyurl.com/c3wpt and that talks about version 3.0.
--