Re: [opensuse-factory] sudo and makeSUSEdvd [Was: makeSUSEdvd error]
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 12:40:26 +0200 (CEST)

The Tuesday 2006-05-09 at 21:52 +0200, houghi wrote:

> > > password? Also I did not think that HP-UX was Linux. made my scripts to
> > > work on Linux. If it works on something else, great. If not, pity.
> >
> > The configuration is the same in linux.
>
> I then must be running Hurd, because I don't have that configuration.

Because you have a default, non configured, sudo installation. A sudoers
file configured normally does not allow your script to run.

> > Well, it means that many people are using sudo in an unsecure way, one
> > that is intended as provisional and temporary.
>
> That is an altogether different discussion and has nothing to do with
> makeSUSEdvd. If that is what you want to talk about, perhaps using a
> different sugbject might have been better.

But I did!

] Subject : Re: [opensuse-factory] sudo and makeSUSEdvd [Was: makeSUSEdvd error]
^^^^

I started a sub-thread about the issue with sudo related to the use
makeSUSEdvd makes of it.

> OTOH if you have an easy solution on how to copy files to a directory
> using /usr/share/mc/extfs/iso9660 or better, using isoinfo, or any other
> of the other tools included with mkisofs, I would gladly to replace sudo.

I don't have a solution. I'm just airing ideas and concerns. If I had a
solution I would say it.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson