Re: [opensuse-factory] sudo, makeSUSEdvd, and iso images
On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 09:26:02AM -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> I hereby declare this script to be public domain (because I sure
> don't want to maintain it :-). Do what you will with it.

I have, well, looked at it. I can't understand perl, so there are one or
two questions.

> It does have some restrictions. For one thing the isoinfo program
> won't report anything more than the day for timestamps, so it can't
> reproduce the timestamp info very accurately (but it does what
> it can).

I am not sure wether this would be relevant for the SUSE iso. It could be
that then all files need to be signed again.

> But it does seem to work. I've extracted some isos and compared them
> to the mounted image and the contents of the files certainly seem
> to match.
<snip>

As I would like to place it in makeSUSEdvd, I have mad a `bashified`
version. Extremely basic. Below is what I have till now.

What I can't figure out is how to do the correct chown to the files and
directories. Other solutions are just as welcome.

#!/bin/bash
ISO=SUSE-Linux-10.1-RC3-i386-CD1.iso
TEMP_DIR=TEMP_DIR
rm $TEMP_DIR -rf #Remove after testing
#Make the directories
for DIR in `isoinfo -l -R -i $ISO |grep ^Directory|awk '{print $NF}'`
do
mkdir -p $TEMP_DIR${DIR}
done
#Copy the files
for FILE in `isoinfo -f -R -i $ISO |grep -Ev '^d|^Directory'|awk '{print
$1" "$NF}'`
do
if [ ! -d $TEMP_DIR${FILE} ]
then
isoinfo -R -i $ISO -x $FILE > $TEMP_DIR${FILE}
printf .
fi
done
exit