Re: [opensuse-factory] tagmedia question
  • From: "Ulrich Windl" <ulrich.windl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 08:29:53 +0200
On 9 May 2006 at 14:16, Volker Kuhlmann wrote:

[...]
> Option 3: actually fix the kernel. Perhaps in 2016 ;)

[...]

So the current kernel still does read-ahead past the end of the device? I had
reported that for SuSE 9.0 I think, and the blabla was that I would be using an
uncertified DVD/CD-RW drive. Definitely padding the iso will help as long as noone
tries raw-reading the iso back. That bug should be fixed in the kernel, and
exactly there.

Regards,
Ulrich