Re: [opensuse-factory] sudo and makeSUSEdvd [Was: makeSUSEdvd error]
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 03:18:14 +0200 (CEST)

The Tuesday 2006-05-09 at 02:52 +0200, houghi wrote:

> On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 02:01:22AM +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> > No, seriously, my cuestion is simple: what are the exact comands that need
> > to be run as root? I know that "mount" is one, but more specifically,
> > mount what? (pattern?). (Maybe not so simple).
>
> grep sudo makeSUSEdvd
> mount does the following. It mounts each iso file to a specific directory.
> Each iso and each directory will be different from user to user and even
> from one time to the other.

Ouch. Complicated.

> Then there is also umount, cpio, echo, rm and yast.

umount is similar to mount. Unless you can manage it in the same way as
'mc' does it :-?

cpio as root? Curious! Unless the files belong to him :-?

rm...

echo as root?

yast - instead a request to the user to install something (I personally
prefer that).

You have made quite a complex script :-)

> And who knows what the future holds. :-)

True.

> > Well, I did run the script as root, so it works. Of course, the files end
> > owned by root, and that is a complication - well, I'm the root, so then
> > it's not a big problem :-)
>
> Either that or a `chown`. Not sure wich one I might use.

Dropping privileges is safer.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson