Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: makeSUSEdvd error
On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 04:31:13PM +0200, Marcus Meissner wrote:
> I have identified and fixed the problem.
>
> The key needs to be added to the initial ramdisk
> of the CDD/DVD, so some extra magic is necessary.
>
> I have attached the patch to make it work,
> apply with
> patch makeSUSEdvd < msd.pat
>
> Ciao, Marcus

Does not work for me. Well, the patching does, but not the result.

<snip>

> + PUT_KEY_IN_INITRD
> #Remove keys in content
> grep -v ^META $CD_DIR/content > $CD_DIR/content.bak
> mv $CD_DIR/content.bak $CD_DIR/content

I have brought "PUT_KEY_IN_INITRD" down a few lines. "PUT_KEY_IN_INITRD"
uses the variable $LOCAL_KEY, so it might be better to use it after
$LOCAL_KEY is calculated.

That at least does not give an error. What I do get is:
Initrd is /tmp/CD_DIR/boot/i386/loader/initrd
/tmp/CD_DIR/tmpinitrd /tmp/CD_DIR
cpio: dev/null: Operation not permitted
cpio: dev/ram0: Operation not permitted
cpio: dev/tty1: Operation not permitted
cpio: dev/zero: Operation not permitted
cpio: dev/console: Operation not permitted
cpio: lib/udev/devices/md0: Operation not permitted
cpio: lib/udev/devices/md1: Operation not permitted
<snip>
cpio: lib/udev/devices/fwmonitor: Operation not permitted
38584 blocks
38582 blocks
/tmp/CD_DIR

This during the runnung of makeSUSEdvd