Monday 12th
  • From: Christopher Dawkins <cchd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 14:31:41 +0000 (UTC)

> As regards the meeting, I will produce maps,

I've printed out a nice map from the net. I shall be staying on Oxford on
the Sunday night so as to get down in good time Monday. But I'd like to
get access organised in advance, and with your help experiment to see if
we can get VNC operating remotely, could be good fun.

I've just created user "ptaylor" password "suse" on our system. Easiest
first way to connect is to browse to http://www.felsted.essex.sch.uk
and click on the telnet button at the bottom, then log in. Try "pine", if
it says "your terminal is duff" type "t" on a line by itself then pine
will work and you can send a test message to yourself.

If all that works, we can look at more interesting things to do, but
please feel free to browse around our system both on the web and through
the telnet window, try any command you wish.

If it doesn't work, we have a problem, as that's the minimum I need next
month.

--
Christopher Dawkins, Felsted School, Dunmow, Essex CM6 3JG
01371-820527 or 07798 636725 cchd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx