Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] Posting advice - was (Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools]OSE Conference)
  • From: "adrian.wells" <adrian.wells@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 09:31:31 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Mark Evans <mpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: Nick Drage <nick-drage@xxxxxx>
> Cc: Schools List <suse-linux-uk-schools@xxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] Posting advice - was (Re:
[suse-linux-uk-schools]OSE Conference)
> Date: 12 July 2000 09:44
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think this has mentioned before but not specifically highlighted (
> > apologies if I'm mistaken ), due the number of schools on the list and
> > their censorship software it is unadvisable for posts to contained
>
> Actually the problem appears to be one specific piece of broken software
> run by RM. Which given this history of such software (and the cowboys
> who typically produce it) may well be objecting to any mention of RM
> which is not "worship".
>
> More specifically it is a very bad idea to censor by content anything
> directed to someone in a system admin role. How then can users complain
> about being sent abusive email?
>
> [snip the rest which explains how to deliberately attempt to circumvent
> such software]

True (the bit about admin staff).

Since I'm the one to blame I suppose I should apologize - but I wont, your
all big enough and ugly enough to make your own judgments (is this
offensive?) about the meaning of the offending administrative rear.

My software ALWAYS used human intervention to check the context. e.g.
telling some one to FO (for the benefit of those who have electronic
grannies) is one thing, to talk about reported speech in an English
assignment is yet another.

  • No further messages