Masquerading
  • From: Dave Williams <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 07:45:13 +0000 (UTC)
I need to extend my school's network beyond the 254 IP numbers I'm using -
based on 172.19.50.x

This network includes a router which links through an ISDN line to an LEA
proxy server.

Is the best way to achieve this to split the network into 2 segment and
use a Linux machine and Masquerading to link them together.

ie.- leave the bulk of the machines on 172.19.50.x
use 192.168.0.x for the others
use two NICs in the Linux machine, 1 for each subnet
Install masquerading

Will this allow the machines on 192.168.0.x to access *all* the services
on the main network?

Dave Williams

< Previous Next >