Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] Quotas
  • From: Derek Harding <derek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 05:25:56 +0000 (UTC)
Hi,

> I now realise that quotas are not added by default. I've added "quota" but
> it warns me that the kernel must support them. How do I find out if my
> kernel does and then how do I activate them?
> I assume a change must be made to fstab but what?
No, what has to be done is that the kernel has to be remade to suit your
new needs (ie "rolling your own").
Go to /usr/src/linux and type "make menuconfig" to get an idea of what it is
about BUT the KERNEL HOWTO, the SuSE handbook etc. are useful preliminary
reading. Not for the faint hearted but usually straightforward.
I don't know about quota templates 'cos I've never actually used quotas.
There must be something in the HOWTO.

--
Best wishes, Derek Harding
derek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx