Re: [opensuse-doc] Re: Documentation of openSUSE 42.1
On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 7:48 AM, Frank Sundermeyer <fs@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Monday, 27 March 2017 16:31:18 CEST Bergmann, Georg, OPS3-F2 wrote:

Hello Mr. Bergmann,

i have one question / problem: I want to download the documentation of
openSUSE 42.1 from your documentation archive, but I get for every
link the answer: object not found. (example link:
https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/archive/leap_42.1/startup/book.
opensuse.startup_color_en.pdf)

Maybe the link is dead or the documentation is deleted.
Is there any solution for my problem?

sorry, something seems to have gone wrong with the last update. I have
fixed the problem now - the links should work now. Make sure to Shift
+Reload the page in your browser to get the updated version of the page
rather than the one from your browser cache.

--
Regards
Frank

I don't know what the results for Mr. Bergmann are, but I receive an
"Object not found!" error message when I attempt to retrieve
https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/archive/leap_42.1/startup/book
even with a Shift+Reload.

Testing the sub-directories yields the following:
https://doc.opensuse.org displays the page which contains
<title>doc.opensuse.org - Documentation Guides &amp; Manuals</title>
which nicely displays the various options for openSUSE Leap 42.2, not
42.1.
https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation responds with "Access forbidden!"
https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/archive responds with "Object not found!"
https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/archive/leap_42.1 responds with
"Object not found!"
https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/archive/leap_42.1/startup
responds with "Object not found!"
https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/archive/leap_42.1/startup/startup
responds with "Object not found!"
https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/archive/leap_42.1/startup/startup/book
responds with "Object not found!"

So, it seems to me https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/archive is
the problem.

Since the Leap 42.2 Startup displays from
https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/leap/startup/html/book.opensuse.startup/index.html
I can't begin to guess where the archive copy of the Leap 42.1 Startup
would be placed.