Re: [opensuse-doc] Is this list alive? Cooperation with openSUSE-Education ?
  • From: Lars Vogdt <lrupp@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 12:04:35 +0200
Hi

On Mittwoch 10 September 2008 10:20:11 Frank Sundermeyer wrote:
First: I haven't received a message from this list since Mar 2008 -
is this just a fault in my configuration or is this list really so
quiet?

this list is alive, but we are currently sleeping the sleep of the
just ;-))

Ah! Good to hear :-)

The openSUSE-Education handout currently contains some package
descriptions for gcompris, italc, LTSP and Tuxpaint. Perhaps these
descriptions can also be used in the Lessons for Lizzards book?

Sounds good - could you point me to the sources?

https://svn.linux-schulserver.de/viewvc/packages/opensuse-education-docu/trunk/opensuse-education-docu/
or
svn checkout
https://svn.linux-schulserver.de/repos/oss-edu/packages/opensuse-education-docu
os-edu-book

Other question: I like to integrate some of the current LfL
articles (for example: the KDE-kiosk one) in the openSUSE-Education
handout - is this ok for you? Or should we find a better way for
cooperation?

:-)

Lfl is licensed under the GFDL, so IMHO you can use it's contents as
long as the edu book is also licensed under the GFDL.

Yes, same for us: GFDL.

I am not sure
whether you need permission from the author (if so, you have got mine
for the Kiosk chapter ;) ), you should probably ask Jürgen or Ciarran
to be sure (and please let us know).

Thanks - as both books are under the same "free" license, I think asking
Jürgen or Ciarran is not necessary. But I like to inform the original
authors when we use their texts. ;-)

FYI: Looks like the only thing left to build the book in the Build
Service is the font definition in the susedoc package:
/usr/share/susedoc/etc/FOP/fop-suse.xml
contain references to fonts in the agfa-fonts package (which has a
commercial license).

Does anybody know if there are really free fonts that can be used
instead of the agfa-fonts (Note: we need ISO-8858-5 and ISO-8859-15 or
UTF-8) ?

...and how to overwrite the settings in the susedoc package with that
fonts?

With kind regards,
Lars