Re: [opensuse-doc] html to docbook
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 23:06:42 +0200
Karl Eichwalder wrote:

As said before, if you deliver a good text (interesting subject,
convincing structure, and acceptable English), we will find a
way to convert it to XML.

there are several point of view.

* allow anybody to edit the wiki and use the result (by hand or with any script help) to insert in docbook L4L

* promote a stable and friendly XML editor and give it a docbook/Novell _and_ a mediawiki backend, so one can do at the same time a L4L page and a wiki page

until recently there was nearly no XML editor able to cope with tables and illustrations in a sensible way.

2 or 3 years ago I tried to promote an XML backend for openoffice and there was some work in this direction, but I don't know where it's now.

the need is only, on the writer point of view, too have a single source to write.

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
Cécile, esthéticienne à Montpellier