Re: [opensuse-doc] Wiki to PDF? Using Wiki as a doc source?
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 18:22:18 +0200
Christian Boltz wrote:

Exactly this is the point - with some wiki templates, we could have fully _automatic_ conversion to XML.

this is nearly impossible. wiki and docbook are simply not compatible.

it's even difficult to write a plain docbook editor (I don't know any really good -emacs excepted-)

docbook requires some rules the wiki cannot even think of :-) (such as using herarchical titles - on mediawiki you can mix any title level at will)

what can be done, quite easily, is to include wikipages in docbook document "as it", that is as <pre></pre> tag, letting to a manual editor to insert there the good syntax.

of course, a "wiki" docbook editor would be a must have (not mediawiki, by the way) - an online docbook editor with syntax checking... but I don't either dream of it :-(

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
Cécile, esthéticienne à Montpellier