Re: [opensuse-doc] How about including some books with openSUSE ?
  • From: Lars Rupp <lrupp@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 13:26:08 +0100 (CET)
Am Fr 26.01.2007 09:59 schrieb Alexey Eremenko <al4321@xxxxxxxxx>:
> But I have a problem with the "SUSE Build Server" -- those packages
> doesn't go on the DVD, therefore it requires an Internet connection. I
> have computers not connected the net.
> I need a documentation that's available offline, on the DVD.

Comming up with 10.1 we could create "Add-on CDs". So perhaps we can
evaluate a list of packages which can be added to such an Add-on CD or
DVD comming out of the build service.

I don't think that this CD or DVD will make it in the boxed version -
but having such a thing for download is perhaps an alternative?

If so, please begin and create a list of packages (and patterns) which
can be added to such a CD or DVD and discuss this on our factory
mailinglist...

> You might tell me that DVD is limited to 4.5GB so you can't include
> everything - so I would respond "Look at the future: Blue-Rays are on
> horizon with 25GB+ capacity."

Are you shure that this wouldn't be HD-DVD? ;-)
But I don't think we've enough "whatever"-DVD Players installed in
Computers for 10.3...

Greetings,
Lars