Re: [opensuse-doc] LfL: HTML Version Available
  • From: Rebecca Walter <rwalter@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 10:57:33 +0100
On Friday 29 December 2006 18:28, jdd wrote:
> Thomas Schraitle wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > as the subject says: There is now a HTML version of Lessons for Lizards
> > available:
> >
> > http://forgeftp.novell.com/lfl/.html/
> >
> > I don't consider the contents nor the layout as finished. See the Jobs
> > description page how *you* can contribute:
> >
> > http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/Lfl/Jobs
> >

> > Have fun and happy new year, :-)
> > Tom
>
> I didn't follow LfL very close by lack of time, but find the
> thing quite interesting.
>
> I wonder how one can participate occasionally (that is not
> in any job listed :-), for example giving some clues or some
> debugging.

I didn't get around to adding the tester job. But it is very needed. There
are two easy ways you can do this:

1) E-mail the author. If I remember correctly, the USB one is Tom's so you
can e-mail toms@xxxxxxx

2) Probably the better choice. Add comments in the file. Send e-mail to get
signed up for the project. Check out the file. Add comments in remark tags.
Start the comment with your openSUSE username so the author knows who it is
from. Stick them in the beginning or end of a para so it doesn't cause extra
line breaks (although toms might have eliminated this issue). Write whatever
you want to say to the author. Check in the changed file with a commit
message something like "added remarks from testing".

We use the second method (remarks) a lot internally in our review process when
developing files and it works really well. We can give each other feedback
and note when a certain bit of info is still in a NEEDINFO state when waiting
for developer feedback. More details about our remark "codes" are in the
style guide.

It is possible to build a version of the book with visible remarks. So they
can be visible in a review or editing state but not visible for a final
product. It is a pretty nifty tool. If you use the <!-- --> style comments,
they can't be made visible. We mostly only use those for layout-related
changes anymore.