Re: [opensuse-doc] Style guide
  • From: Thomas Schraitle <thomas.schraitle@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 17:51:41 +0100
Hi Tony,

On Thursday 21 December 2006 17:08, Tony Pattison wrote:
> do we have a style guide for this publication?

Yes, it's available from the main Wiki page under "File Release" (right
side) or use the following link:
http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/Special:File/lfl/styleguide-opensuse-online.pdf

Mainly Rebecca maintains the style guide. If you have specific questions
she knows more than I.

> I'm thinking along the lines of which fonts/effects to use in which
> circumstances, that sort of thing.

Well, from my perspective, the style guide covers more of structural
issues of the text than of layout or font effects (Rebecca, please
correct me if I tell nonsense! ;). Normally an author doesn't have to
care about layout issues -- the layout is covered by the DocBook XSL
stylesheets.

An author just uses the right element name for a specific purpose. For
example, if you want to mark up an email adress, you use
<email>foo@xxxxxxxxxxx</email>. How it is rendered or displayed is the
responsibility of the stylesheet(s).

Does this answer your questions?

Best wishes,