Re: [opensuse-doc] LfL RFC
  • From: Thomas Schraitle <thomas.schraitle@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 16:43:36 +0100
Hi Alexey,

On Thursday 21 December 2006 15:54, Alexey Eremenko wrote:
> [...]
> > > Unfortunately I dunno how-to open this format. It seems OO2 can't
> > > open that. How do you open it?
> >
> > Any texteditor wil do: Emacs, vi, Kate..whatever you want!
>
> yes, but text-editor opens that without formatting it properly. It's
> like opening HTML with text-editor.
> Is there any software that opens it correctly ? (need user-friendly
> editor)

Well, there is Emacs but some people don't like it. ;)

Apart from Emacs there is also jEdit. I think I saw a XML plugin that can
use DTDs too (I have to look at it first.)

KDE's Kate is also a good editor although it might not be the primary
target for XML. It can use a precompiled kind-of DocBook DTD.

See here more details:
http://wiki.docbook.org/topic/DocBookAuthoringTools

Best wishes,
Tom