Re: [opensuse-doc] Thread summary and announcement [was:The openSUSE distribution chages are way ahead of documentation?]
  • From: "Alexey Eremenko" <al4321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 20:18:08 +0200
Hello SUSErs !

About DocBook:
One thing that afraids me is that I know *no* software that can edit
DocBook.
If OpenOffice can make DocBooks, or there is other user-friendly software to
do that then ok.

About Offline Wiki:
I think, that we could have actually on *offline wiki*, that is, instead of
converting formats back & forth, just use the current Wiki's as-is, but
build it on top of offline HTML files, that will be linked to SUSE Start
Menu.

Even if Wiki requires some serverside technology, (which I am not sure),
such as PHP, this is still not a problem. We could make "embedded" version
of Apache + PHP, that work on some special TCP port and works only with
loopback interface, so this is solvable & secure.

That way we can have a full web, wiki experience on Home Desktops, that are
not connected to the Internet. (such as poor people, or disconnected for
security reasons)

-Fenix*NBK*, 5.10.2006.