Re: [opensuse-doc] The openSUSE distribution chages are way ahead of documentation?
  • From: "Alexey Eremenko" <al4321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 11:03:36 +0200
I believe that in order to solve documentation problem, community must help.

In order for the community to help, we need tools - that is wiki (which
exists on the webpage) *and* a conversion tool to convert that wiki to RPM
to install offline.
There is *no* such conversion tool available, and so it makes me much less
interested to contribute to wikis, because they are not installed in the
final distro.

I agree to contribute more articles to our openSUSE wiki *only* if Novell
agrees to distribute this as RPM on the standard openSUSE DVD ISO.

Until today I have contributed few items: such as "FreeNX" server & "Qemu"
configuration articles to wiki, but those are not included in the final
distro, which makes me very unhappy about continuing contribution...

To Novell: please allow the community to write docs, that will be included
in the distro for offline use (in RPM package, HTML format).
< Previous Next >
List Navigation