Re: [opensuse-doc] Re: XML Source Codes for 10.0 available
  • From: Thomas Schraitle <thomas.schraitle@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 16:13:28 +0100
Hi Pavel,

On Thursday, 8. December 2005 14:54, Pavel Maryanov wrote:
> How can I compile for example English version of doc from that
> source code?

Well, building books can be complicated for an inexperienced user.
There are several Makefiles and stylesheets around our XML files. You
need to setup this XML build environment first, before you can think
of transforming the XML sources. After this it should be fairly
easy. :)

> I dont know how to work with NovDoc. I don't see
> enything suitable for building html or pdf.
> There is no documentation.

See [1].
In general you don't "work" directly with NovDoc. The Novdoc ist
needed by the XML files to validate it. You only interact with the
XML files, modify, add, delete them. But you don't change the Novdoc.

However, the NovDoc is essential for building the books, because it
contains not only the DTD but also a fair amount of XSLT stylesheets.
These stylesheets transform it from our XML source into HTML or
XSL-FO (which in an other step creates PDF).

> SVN is empty.

I don't know where did you look but try [2].

HTH,
Tom

------------
[1] svn cat \
svn+ssh://anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/svn/novdoc/trunk/doc/susemakedoc.pdf\
> susemakedoc.pdf

[2]
http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/svn/svnbrowse.php?repname=novdoc

--
Thomas Schraitle

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH >o) Technical Editor
Maxfeldstrasse 5 /\\ Documentation Team
90409 Nuernberg, Germany _\_v http://www.suse.com

< Previous Next >
List Navigation