Re: [opensuse-doc] XML Source Codes for 10.0 available
  • From: Thomas Schraitle <thomas.schraitle@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:05:28 +0200
Hi Damian,

On Tuesday, 11. October 2005 16:45, Dazzle wrote:

> On 10/11/05, Thomas Schraitle <thomas.schraitle@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > thanks to Karl Eichwalder, the XML source codes of the 10.0
> > release is available on NovellForge[1].
> > [...]
>
> Great :-) Now we can translate the book into our languages :-)
> There is any official way to announce the beginning of the
> translation into other languages?

At the moment there isn't any official way because it is "work in
progress". There are so much things that we have to consider so it
will take some time. However, you can start anyway and we will see if
it fits into your processes. :)

Of course, you are always welcome to ask if you have any problems
(either technical or textual.)

To make sure that your translation is as painless as possible you
should validate your XML files always against the NovDoc DTD. It is
very similar to DocBook but doesn't contain all elements.

To transform it into something meaningful, we provide:

HTML
This is probably almost painless and should work "out of the box".
The NovDoc project contains some XSLT stylesheets to start with

FO/PDF
This can be a bit tricky. At the moment this works only with XEP
(commercial) so it probably won't work with FOP (open source).
However, there is a personal edition from XEP especially for open
source projects. You can download it from [1] if you want to build
PDF. At the moment, only a handful languages are supported.

Build Environment
There are some Makefiles which makes our "building experience"
nicer.

The documentation for NovDoc is still missing, but I hope I can fix
that as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Tom

[1] http://www.renderx.net/Content/download/getbuy.cgi

--
Thomas Schraitle

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH >o) Technical Editor
Maxfeldstrasse 5 /\\ Documentation Team
90409 Nuernberg, Germany _\_v http://www.suse.com

< Previous Next >