Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-de (4938 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [SLE] 6.4 quality
  • From: kukuk@xxxxxxx (Thorsten Kukuk)
  • Date: Tue May 09 09:39:59 2000

Hi,

On Mon, May 08, Derek Fountain wrote:

My point was that the beta testing phase where you find bugs
and report them should have been done before they put the
CDs on the shelves. Redhat do a beta release or two before
bringing out new distributions; I think, after experiencing
the SuSE-6.4 CDs, SuSE should be doing the same. Being human

We have done this in the past. We got __TWO__ bug reports.
We have in the moment a lot of beta testers. Less then 1% of
them write bug reports.

So, making a big, public beta testing phase doesn't solve
this problems. And if you look at the updates, the most one
are very special and only a few people needs them. This will
always happen. Even with a public beta phase.

Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/ kukuk@xxxxxxx
SuSE GmbH Schanzaeckerstr. 10 90443 Nuernberg