Re: [opensuse-conference] conference a4 full page ad
On Monday 10 June 2013 10:04:12 Andres Silva wrote:
On Jun 10, 2013, at 7:19 AM, Jos Poortvliet <jos@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Heya,

We are offered a full page ad in the upcoming Linux Magazin if we can
send it before Friday.

Who is up for giving it a try? The end result doesn't have to have the
text that I put in, per-se, just make sure there's an explanation of
the event ;-)

We might or might not get many visitors due to this, I have no idea-
probably not many as it is late (the magazines will go out on July 4 or
so). But every bit helps :D

Ping me if you've got something. I will send what I have on Thursday
night. I created a 'fall-back' in case we don't have time to come up
with something better:

http://susepaste.org/98076859

Source in github. Feel free to use it as a base for improvement.

/J

I offer myself for editing and if you assign a certain subject. Maybe our
conference people could write about their impressions on what are the
most important things happening at the conference and then we can cite
them as we write a longer article.

Does anyone know how many words the article is to be?

Sorry for the mix-up. We do have an article to write, but that is for
linux.com

This is an advertisement, see the link I gave - a one-page add to get ppl to
come to oSC.

Of course, we COULD do it in the form of an article, that's certainly not a
bad idea - but we'd have to hurry up a bit :D

I have thought only a little about an angle for the article for linux.com,
it would have to be interesting for the general readers there.

Perhaps it could be about the maturing of the openSUSE community. Put in
some bits about the history of openSUSE Conferences (see my blog - I plan on
publishing it within 1 hour and it'll have my take on that history) and get
quotes from the team on the why and how of this event.

Cheers,