Re: [opensuse-conference] Inform speakers about video recording/streaming
On May 15, 13 16:08:43 +0300, differentreality wrote:
On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 3:02 PM, Robert Schweikert <rjschwei@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 05/15/2013 07:50 AM, Stella Rouzi (differentreality) wrote:

Should we communicate during proposal acceptances that the speaker, by
confirming, agrees to be video recorded?

Implicit agreement (especially if there is no alternative offered) is
not good from a legal perspective.
I'd rather ask for an explicit approval on the form. A quick draft:

Please checkmark below

[ ] I agree to be photographed or video taped (including public live
transmission) while I am speaker or audience. I'll approach photographers
or the video team if needed.

[ ] Recordings, photos and other content I contribute can be redistributed
under CC-BY-SA-3.0 [http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/]
or compatible licenses.

[ ] I have an issue with that. Please contact me.
Details: ___________________________________

Submissions that checkmark none of the above, are rejected.
Submissions that do *not* checkmark the second, or do checkmark the third
item are contacted before acceptance.

cheers,
JW-

We need to provision for the photographs taken throughout the
conference (not just talks), the video recording of talks/workshops
etc and the live streaming (of talks and possibly of the lobby too,
thus mentioning below "live streaming of the venue").

Native or more fluent english speakers could help phrase this correctly.

I am thinking something along these lines:

During the conference there will be live streaming of the venue, lots
of photographs and video recording of presentations (talks/workshops
etc). Please note that by confirming your proposal you agree to be
part of them.

And it should go right after the "... and to get going on your session
material" in the acceptance email.

This is how the acceptance email looks like now:

Hi {name},

we are very happy to inform you that your session proposal

"{eventtitle}"

has been accepted for {conference}. Congratulations! Now it's your
turn to confirm the session.

{proposalslink}

and to get going on your session material. If you're looking for
guidelines on great sessions check out
our tips and tricks!

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Conference_speaker_guidelines#Tips_and_tricks

We are looking forward to hear from you soon. Have fun,

Your {conference} team.

Now for the registrations, we could put sth up in the registration
page itself or in the 'successful registration' email:
PS. Please note that throughout the conference there will be live
streaming of the venue and lots of photographs taken. By joining us,
you agree to be present in them.

And for those interested the relevant task in trello is
https://trello.com/card/inform-speakers-and-attendees-about-video-recording-photos-which-are-publicly-distributed/50c9f6580355c5430700875a/18

\ | 0911 74053-508 say #263A!__/ (____/ /\
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, J.Guild, F.Imendoerffer, HRB 16746
(AG Nuernberg), Maxfeldstrasse 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany

SuSE. Supporting Linux since 1992. ☺