[opensuse-conference] Re: [opensuse-artwork] artwork for FOSDEM

2013/1/24 Jos Poortvliet <jos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Heya,

Alberto (SUSE employee at the openSUSE team) has tested printing some of the
poster proposals as well as the folding cube and tux that Carlos proposed. I
then had a chat with Agustin about the budget possibilities. The results:

* ChamaleonBust_white - PERFECT
http://wstaw.org/m/2013/01/21/ChameleonBust_white.png
Needs feedback - it's simple to print but I'm guessing nobody likes it
much... Should we bother with this one?

https://picasaweb.google.com/104830275042059445407/OpenSUSECube02
* cube - Colors are good, the size is really small on a4
Needs updating for oSC and (later) for openSUSE 12.3 ;-)
No problem. Which size instead of a4 are you think about? as I imagine
reading about the tux paper, I believe you are talking about a3 paper
size, right?

http://paste.opensuse.org/60269859
* tux - small, colors ok. size needs to be a3 like cube.
Needs updating for oSC and oS 12.3 (later)
OK

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/anditosan/Poster4_zps3db5ca16.png
* poster4 Nearly perfect. Dark, but no dust or granularity in the background
We can print them if you're all OK with it.

https://plus.google.com/photos/104830275042059445407/albums/5833447105439836673/5836469661330058898?banner=pwa
* poster.png (white tower) - Colors are ok, the background has some dust, is
granular and not as smooth as in the image.
Needs a bit of updating: lighter image, smoother?
No problem.
But It is a gimp layered file, so there is no svg file, ;-)

We can print everything and we have budget for say 2x10 big and 2x20 small
posters and a nice bunch of folding things (say 100 or so of each).

What we need now is final versions of everything to be printed by SUNDAY, Jan
27 24:00.
OK

Carlos, if you can update the cube and tux things with an oSC design,
before sunday I send the source files with the desired modifications
to you guys, I hope I have time to do today, but for sure before
deadline will be ready

andi and/or others have ideas on how and what - then we can print those. I
do need SVG versions in A3/A4 so we can generate the right PDF's in terms of
size and CMYK etc requirements...
tux paper = inkscape + gimp, final file format inkscape
Cube = inkscape + gimp, final file format inkscape
Image tower = inkscape + gimp, final file format gimp

Andi, Poster4 is perfect so we can print those. I saw some want it more
greenish and all - you fight it out and send me a SVG on A3 format by the
deadline and I'll get it printed ;-)

Tell me if we should print the white one.

For a postcard I think the 'summer is coming' from Carlos is incredibly
cool: http://wstaw.org/m/2013/01/24/Summer-is-coming_05.jpg
It's black and white, I'm sure we can print it. But it, too, needs svg...
And postcard size.
inkscape + gimp, final file format gimp
wich size and resolution needed?

So my proposal is:
* Andi finishes and sends the poster he designed to me
* Carlos talks to others here and works with them to update the folding
thingies with oSC artwork. Separate openSUSE 12.3 artwork versions and a new
yeap

OBS one we keep for later :D
* Carlos cleans up the summer-is-coming and gets me a SVG of that for
postcards
gimp file format, could be?

* I make sure it all gets printed
* we have a big, virtual grouphug at FOSDEM about this :D

What about it, can we make oSC promo kick ass at FOSDEM?
at least unforgetable and lessons learned for the next time, year.
that will be awesome :D

/Jos